Thursday, July 21, 2011

My boyfriend broke up with me because his house was more important than our relationship?

I was dumped exactly a week ago without any sort of warning that anything was wrong. He'd even given me a gift the day before. We'd been in our relationship for about 3.5 years, and I moved in with him a little over a year ago. I don't use the term lightly, but he was 'the one'. He dumped me because of money, which I am definitely not good with. He knew this before he asked me to move in. He said he's grown to resent me because I am so free with my money (the kind I earn myself) and not contributing enough to the household expenses. I did contribute for certain things but not enough to suit him, apparently. I honestly didn't think there was a problem. He claims every time he tried to talk to me about it - I would clam up. I guess I listened but didn't understand. He went so far as to tell me that keeping his house was more important than any relationship. He also mentioned falling out of love with me because I didn't 'respect' him. He made it a point to tell me that he was already looking for people to start dating but keeps reiterating how much he wants to stay good friends with me. And how he agonized over the decision. He even went so far as calling my parents, because he knew how upset I was and was concerned about if I'd be okay. I feel like I"m getting mixed messages. He claims to still cares about me, but just doesn't love me. I feel like I'm stuck in some sort of weird dream, I cry myself to sleep, am dispassionate about everything, and am only now getting any sort of appetite back. I have no plans or goals because most of them revolved around building a life with him. I wish it was like getting fired from a job, that I could have a probationary period to fix the error of my ways instead of just being cut off. I am definitely in the bargaining stage of grief because I keep hoping that with time we can clear our heads and re-sort priorities, then he'll realize how much he misses me, how right we were for each other and maybe time apart will make hearts fonder. Am I crazy to think it's even possible? Any advice anyone can give me would help a lot because I am at a very painful, confusing loss. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment